A-Basin turns 70!
Arapahoe Basin is turning 70 and they are having a party. A-Basin was opened in December 1946 and to celebrate they will be celebrating the weekend of December 9-11, 2016 with birthday cake, live music and other events. For the entire weekend, tickets will be discounted. They are offering $19 Child (ages 6-14), and $46 Adult (ages 15+) day lift tickets. If you can, join them for this 70th Anniversary Platinum celebration.
Ride the Best at Killington Test Fest
On Sunday & Monday, Dec. 11-12, 2016, Kiilington is holding Test Fest which lets skiers and riders test out the latest ski and snowboard gear for FREE. Rossignol, Marker, Nordica, Volkl, Armada, Jones, and many other companies will be there. If you’ve been thinking about getting new equipment but are having trouble deciding, this is a great event for you. Plus, it’s a great reason to get out on the mountain. Also, don't miss the after party at the Wobbly Barn. Note, all participants must stop at the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar prior to demoing to fill out an Express Assumption of Risk Form.
Need Christmas gifts for a Skier or Snowboarder?
If you are looking for something a little smaller than a share of a ski mountain, check out our Christmas gift recommendations for skiers and snowboarders. We’ve compiled a list of various items that we think any rider or skier would love to unwrap on Christmas day.
If you are looking for a new boot bag for yourself or as a gift, check our review of best boot bags.
Learn Telemark Skiing in a Weekend
Have you ever been sitting on the chair lift peering down at that person doing telemark and thought that would be cool to learn? Here’s your perfect chance. Bromley is holding a Premier Telemark Clinic the weekend of Dec. 10-11 to get you going. This is a Premier all day clinic, taught by their top PSIA/NATO trained Telemark coaches. Cost is $150/day. You can do one or two days and it includes lift ticket.
Let the Snow Dumps Begin
The cold temperatures are here which has allowed mountains to go all out with the snow machines, but there is nothing better than a good dumping of natural snow. Jay Peak received 32 inches in 7 days. Grand Targhee has received 35 inches of snow since their opening day. Jackson Hole got almost 5 feet of snow in just 9 days! As usual, the video team at Jackson Hole put together this video to get you pumped up for the season.
$20 Wednesdays at Brighton Resort
Quad Wednesdays are back this year at Brighton! With a charitable donation you can purchase a lift ticket for only $20.
- December 7, 2016 – Donate a new un wrapped toy with a value of $10 or more. Proceeds go to the Utah Foster Care Foundation.
- December 14, 2016 – Donate a warm article of clothing such as hats, jackets, pants or anything that will keep someone warm this winter! Proceeds go to The Road Home Charity.
- December 21, 2016 – Donate a grocery bag of non perishable food items. Proceeds go to the Utah Food Bank
Past Resort Reviews
- Dec 2, 2016 (Snowbird, Whiteface, Mad River Glen, Solitude, Powder Mountain)
- Nov 25, 2016 (Stratton, Squaw Valley, Whiteface, Jackson Hole, Killington)
- Nov 18, 2016 (Stowe, Loon Mountain, Telluride, Snowbird, Grand Targhee)
- Nov 11, 2016 (Sunday River, Mammoth, Bromley, Mount Snow, Okemo)
- Nov 4, 2016 (Squaw Valley, Grand Targhee, Mount Snow, Killington, FIS World Cup)
- Oct 28, 2016 (Killington, FIS World Cup, Waterville Valley, Big Sky, Arapahoe Basin)