2017 FIS World Cup Finals will be at Aspen Snowmass
Last week we mentioned that FIS World Cup was coming to Killington in November. This is the first time in 25 years that the Ski World Cup will be in the East Coast of the United States. As well as that, the FIS World Cup Finals will be occurring at Aspen Snowmass on March 15-19, 2017. This will be the first World Cup Finals outside of Europe since 1997 and be the first event in Aspen Snowmass since 2001.
Snow keeps coming as Ski Season approaches
11 inches of Snow dropped this week at Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows and up to 12 inches fell in New England including 12 inches at Wildcat and 6 inches at Mount Snow. This is helping the ski/snowboard season get off to a great start. With all of this snow, we have updated our opening date’s page. Check out when your favorite resorts plan on opening.
Off Trail Camp at Grand Targhee Takes Ski Lessons to another Level
Are you that guy or gal that can’t get enough of off-piste skiing or riding? If yes, you might be interested in Grand Targhee’s "Knowledge Is Powder" Off Trail Camps. These camps include three days of coaching, video analysis, social events, lift tickets, cat skiing, and more. On top of that, you are at one of the greatest mountains in North America with some of the best terrain and snow. You’ll also get some amazing views of Grand Teton National Park. You can choose from All-Mountain Camp or All-Mountain plus Snowcat Camp. Camps start at $699.
Current Ski/Snowboard Shows
The snow is coming, but most resorts aren’t quite there yet. If you’re getting the itch check out the various skis and snowboard shows. This is a perfect time to check out what’s new in equipment and resorts and to also see all the special deals that can save you a lot of money. This weekend, the following shows will be taking place:
- Denver Ski and Snowboard Expo (Denver, Colorado)
- SkiFever and Snowboard Show (Portland, Oregon)
- 2016 Northeast Ski & Craft Beer Showcase (Albany, New York)
- Snowbomb Ski and Snowboard Festival (San Francisco, California)
Can You Ski all Day and still get that Thanksgiving Dinner at Home?
Mount Snow has made it easy for skiers to be able to ski on Thanksgiving Day and still be able to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal at home with the family. With the Thanksgiving Feasts To-Go program, you can preorder a full slow-roasted turkey dinner with traditional sides and then at the end of your day on the hill, you can pick up your hot meal to bring it back home. Great idea! Who wouldn’t rather be skiing instead of being in a kitchen all day?
Past PowderCam Resort Reviews
- Oct 28, 2016 (Killington, FIS World Cup, Waterville Valley, Big Sky, Arapahoe Basin, and more)
- Oct 21, 2016 (Big Sky, Snowbasin, Grand Targhee, Deer Valley, Rossignol)
- Oct 14, 2016 (Killington, Sunday River, Holiday Valley, Aspen Snowmass)
- Oct 7, 2016 (Mad River Glen, Jay Peak, Saddleback, Jackson Hole, Taos)
- Oct 1, 2016 (Squaw Valley, Loveland, Jackson Hole, Mt Bachelor, Snowbird)