Breckenridge Ski Resort, also known as “Breck”, is located in Colorado. It is an incredible mountain with a historic town making it one of the top rated resorts in the U.S. The mountain spans several peaks, hits high elevation levels, and offers a variety of terrain to please all levels of skiers/boarder. Breckenridge Ski Resort is very family friendly. The circa-1850 historic mining town is one of the most legendary ski towns in the world helping to earn the resort high ratings for Après-Ski, Dining, and Off- Hill Activities.
Breckenridge Ski Resort is large and offers a lot of variety for every skier. It spans five peaks, has four terrain parks, and has 187 trails giving everyone something to ride on. They also boast the highest chairlift in North America that rises 2,000 feet above the tree line. Soft groomers abound for beginner and intermediate carvers, while experts can experience deep powder in the bowls and glades. With 2,908 acres of skiing, it’s not hard to see why Breckenridge Ski Resort is one of the top resorts in the world. The terrain parks are also rated as some of the best in the country.
Breckenridge Ski Resort - Tips:
- Breckenridge Ski Resort is popular and can get crowded. But, you can avoid crowds by moving to different peaks as things get busy. Work your way to peak 9 and 10 as the day goes on. If you’re your level is high enough, the lifts for the upper bowls and black diamond terrain are less busy.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort has a very high elevation of 12,998 feet at the top and 9,600 feet at the base. If you are not used to it, make sure you get plenty of water and take a day to get acclimated.
- On-slope dining at Breckenridge Ski Resort is expensive, so be prepared to pay $15+ per person or bring a lunch/snacks.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort is managed by Vail Resorts. Breckenridge Ski Resort tickets also let you ski other Vail resorts including Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin at no extra cost. A Basin and Keystone are accessible via the FREE transport system which runs until very late.
- Check out the Breckenridge Distillery for bourbon, vodka, whiskey, and more.
Breckenridge Ski Resort Notable trails:
- Ore Bucket
- The Burn
- Horseshoe bowl - variety of steepness and can be good for building up confidence.
Ski Breckenridge Feb 2015A beautiful February day skiing at Breckenridge, Colorado
Powder Day on Peak 6 at the Breckenridge Ski Resort, February 21, 201515" in two days.
Noonan 2015 ski tripThe Anual Noonan Ski trip (2015) Breckenridge / Beaver Creek
Squeglia Ski Trip Squeglia Boys Run 1 on Peak 9Nick, Michael, Blaze, and Mr.
Zoot Chute Line at Breckenridge Ski ResortHike to Imperial Bowl Summit, Breckenridge, CO No copyright infringement intended.
Skiing Breckenridge Horse ShoeBowl February 2015 FILE0321Skiing Breckenridge HorseShoe Bowl with Contour Roam HD camera
Skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort, Breckenridge, Colorado; Breck, February 12, 2015Skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort, Breckenridge, Colorado; Breck, February 12, 2015.
Breckenridge Ski Trip 2015Good friends, good skiing!
Breckenridge Ski Feb 2015Breckenridge, CO Skit Trip Feb 10, 2015 Video from Peak 9, Peak 8, Peak 7 and the newly opened Peak 6.
On Top of BreckenridgeAfter hiking from the top of the imperial lift, highest lift in the US, got an amazing view down onto the ski mountain plus the town of Breckenridge, plus behind me is copper ski mountain.