Located in New South Wales, Charlotte Pass Ski Resort is one of Australia’s oldest ski resorts and well as having the highest elevation of any other mountain in the country at 6,443ft. This high elevation gives the mountain top some spectacular views of Australia’s tallest mountain, Mount Kosciuszko.
What makes Charlotte Pass Ski Resort so unique is that the resort is completely snowed in during the winter months. Therefore, no cars or buses are allowed past the entry gates at Perisher. The only way to access the mountain is with a snowcat or a snowmobile taking you on an 8 km ride from Perisher Valley. This seclusion makes Charlotte Pass Ski Resort uncrowded and no lift lines.
Charlotte Pass Ski Resort is a small mountain known as being great for families, beginners, and intermediate skiers. The ski area is within a large expansive bowl and includes a terrain park, a children’s play park, and a dedicated beginner’s area. There is a hotel at the base of the mountain for people wanting lodging with ski in/ski out. With no cars, no crowds and no long lines for Lifts. Charlotte Pass Ski Resort is an on snow experience like no other.
Charlotte Pass Ski Resort Tips:
- Advanced skiers and boarders should check out Guthrie’s Chutes.
- Check out the Tuesday specials at Charlotte Pass Ski Resort where 2 people can go for almost the price of one. Also, Tuesday is barbecue day, in the Cellar Bar.
- The cost of your transport to and from Charlotte Pass Ski Resort is included in your Charlotte Pass Day Tripper pass.
- Try their Christmas celebration in July. Charlotte Pass Ski Resort will be decorated with tinsel and Christmas trees as they celebrate a white Christmas in July.
- Children 4 and under ski FREE at Charlotte Pass Ski Resort (see details on their website)