Jackson Hole Ski Resort is one of the premiere ski mountains in the U.S. known for its amazing scenery and for having some of the most challenging terrain anywhere. It is located in Teton Village, Wyoming, just south of Grand Teton National Park. Jackson Hole Ski Resort receives an average of 450 inches of snowfall each year amply covering its skiable terrain of 2,500 acres. It boasts a vertical drop of more than 4,139 feet and a run total of 133.
Photo by Clark Weber via on Flickr
Although Jackson Hole Ski Resort is known for having some of the most difficult runs in the world, they have a variety of terrain for beginner and intermediates and have been trying to make improvements to attract non-experts by increasing intermediate terrain and increasing grooming. But, this mountain is best for advanced-intermediate to expert skiers. It is notorious for steep terrain, and drops. Sure, other mountains have them too. But at Jackson Hole Ski Resort, you’re talking about 40 degree steeps and 30 foot leaps. With the gorgeous scenery of the Tetons, this is the perfect place for the world’s best freeskiers. Even if you are not an expert, don’t let that keep you from going to Jackson Hole Ski Resort. If you're looking to push yourself on your skis and get a fright every once in a while from the rapidly changing terrain, this is the mountain for you.
The village has numerous first-class hotels, restaurants and visitor attractions all with a western character. Teton Village and the lift tickets are very expensive and Jackson Hole Ski Resort is not the easiest mountain to travel to. All the same, this ski resort should be on everyone’s bucket list. The massive views of Grand Teton National Park and the charming Western Character of the village should not be missed.
Jackson Hole Ski Resort Notable Trails:
- Corbet’s Couloir – This is Jackson Hole Ski Resorts a legendary chute. It is only about 150 meters long. But, it's been called the world's scariest slope by numerous publications. It is a measuring stick for expert skiers. It starts with a massive drop onto a 50-degree slope. Then, if you are still alive, you’ll need to swerve to miss the rock. If you simply want to look, the tram cruises right by Corbet's on its way to the top, offering skiers/riders a glimpse.
- Hobacks - Some of the world's deepest powder with a huge vertical. A rare treat that should not be missed by advanced skiers.
- Alta Zero – Considered to be the one of the steepest, scariest runs in the state.
- Tower Three Chute
- Saratoga Bowl
Jackson Hole Ski Resort Tips:
- First timers to the mountain should take advantage of a guide or an instructor to get you familiar with the terrain to make sure you find appropriate terrain for your ability.
- Jackson Hole Ski Resort gets lots of powder. Get some powder skis
- The tram ride leads to trails for advanced skiers. But, take that ride just for the view. Beginners can always ride back down.
The Corbet's Session! by Jackson HoleLast March, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Teton Gravity Research athletes took to the infamous Corbet`s Couloir to put on a show of epic proportions.
Skiing in Jackson Hole Wyoming by Whoru87
I'm Alive: Jackson Hole Mountain ResortThe votes are in, and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) is ranked #1 Overall Resort in North America by the annual SKI Magazine Reader`s Poll! Turn up the volume and celebrate with this uplifting and passionate video, to the beat of Michael Fra.
Behind The Scenes - Corbet's CouloirIn March of 2012, Teton Gravity Research filmed a segment for The Dream Factory on the most challenging in-bounds run in the United States -- the infamous Corbet`s Couloir at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
5 Feet in Jackson Hole - KGB ProductionsAfter 5 feet of snow in five days at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, the in-bounds skiing is out of this world.
Jackson Hole SnowboardingMe and my good friends snowboarding this previous 2012/2013 winter in Jackson, WY.
Jackson Hole -- 300" -- Bluebird Powder DayFebruary 24th was another special powder day at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
Half Pipe Run At Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Go-Pro Hero NakedThe Half Pipe at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Camera- Go-Pro Hero Naked
GoPro Jackson Hole 17 Storm edit 201417" Jackson Hole Storm Tram/Gondy Laps; Featuring Bernie`s Bowl, The Headwall, Hobacks, Bivouac Woods, Tensleep Bowl, Woosey Woods & Rendezvous Bowl
Jackson Hole Skiing 2014February 9-11 2014 Compilation of all the Videos and Images from the Trip.